This is where we try and answer the most common questions prospective clients, donators, volunteers and general public might have.
Who do you provide to?
Our interview process not only determines whether clients are truly in need, but also allows us to refer them to job agencies and other organizations in an effort to “help them help themselves.”
What do I need to bring to receive assistance?
- 1. Picture ID
- 2. Proof of ALL household income:
(Recent check stubs)
- 3. Proof of residency:
(Current utility bill)
- 4. If Food Stamp recipient:
Service area: North Mississippi residents – Southaven and Horn Lake, MS specifically.
Eligibility will be determined by the guidelines
of the Federal income scale.
qualifying client will be given food
one (1) time per month.
How do I volunteer?
- Food Pantry Volunteer – help stock and distribute food
- Office Volunteer – help with general office duties
- Interviewer – interview clients for eligibility
- Publications – help in the creativity, design and effectiveness of brochures, cards, newsletters, and/or other promotional information.
- Community Relations – act as a liaison between HeartLand Hands, Inc. and other community service organizations and area churches for networking purposes.
- All volunteers must be interviewed and trained before they can volunteer in the food pantry.
How do I become a Partner?
- A Partnership with HeartLand Hands, Inc. is taken very seriously.
- Please call and ask for our Partnership Agreement. Have EMAIL address ready.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the completed last page, as an attachment, back to HeartLand Hands, Inc.
- Once you become a partner, you will be contacted and given further introductions.
How can I donate?
- Monetary Donations – hover mouse over About Us above for donation options
- We Need These Items – diapers (adult and baby), bar soap, personal hygiene items, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo and laundry detergent just to name a few.
Do you have customer service?
Of course! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services reps are available to answer your questions Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am – 1pm at 662-280-5365.